BILL KRAUSE BUSINESS CLASS - MARCH 22, 2018 - HARMONY
· Have fun times out of the office.
· Take your staff and get to know each other on a different level.
· All work and no play make a dull team. They will lose their shine.
· Do not make decisions without deciding together.
· Set the guidelines for this to function: $ amount, etc.
· Bring order to the house.
· This is defined by the order needed: house picked up, children quieted down.
· Balance in the area of discipline
“if an ensemble breathes together as one, the conductor’s job is essentially done”
If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character, there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nations.
When there is order in the nations, there will peace in the world.”
“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.” ~ Thomas Merton
1. agreement; accord; harmonious relations.
2. a consistent, orderly, or pleasing arrangement of parts; congruity.
3. the just adaptation of parts to each other, in any system or composition of things, intended to form a connected whole; as the harmony of the universe.
· Equality and correspondence are the causes of harmony.
· All discord, harmony not understood.
4. Concord; agreement; accordance in facts; as the harmony of the gospels.
5. Concord or agreement in views, sentiments or manners, interests, etc., good correspondence; peace and friendship.
FRUIT OF HARMONY Prayer of Saint Francis)
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O divine master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
Tt is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
TIPS FOR CREATING AND MAINTAINING HARMONY
Keep your word at all times
Say what you mean, mean what you say. If you are going to say it, do it.
Plan your time together
Don’t leave it to chance, have a plan.
Being quiet, listening without interrupting. Hear what they are saying and work with it. Stay focused, hear the heart.
Don’t multi-task. Give your undivided attention. This will let them know they are a priority.
When you get together, don’t find anything wrong. Appreciate what they are doing and avoid commenting on what they are not doing.
Don’t allow things to be all business. Enjoy the moment, it doesn’t have to be a lot of money. Do something fun for all.
Pride – thinking you are better than another
Not being a servant – refuse to do for others
Conceited – having an excessively favorable opinion of one's abilities, appearance, etc.
Watch – look at without helping
Division – “die”-vision: causes the vision to die
Inconsistency – not sure how it will be
Confusion – lack of clarity or distinctness
Disorder – out of order, irregular; untidy; confused, unruly; turbulent; tumultuous:
Not following the plan - lost
Weakness of character
Insist on your rights
Conversation that divides
Just like an orchestra with multiple instruments, you need to practice coming to harmony.
Don’t settle for discord when harmony is possible.
Achieving harmony takes work.
Harmony comes from humility.
· Compassion –what would you want done for you?
· We can appreciate our differences
· Work together
· One purpose – what do we want to accomplish?
· Observe – see and make a difference, do something about it
· Unity – stay on the same page
· Orderly- chaos creates tension
· Stay on the sheet music
· Encouragement – build others up
· Strong character – void of compromise
· Yield your rights – What is best for all?
· Restoration – bring back to the former
· Forgive – forget, move on. Bless to heal the emotions.